searchv search bar

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by carpenter, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpenter

carpenter Guest

Some site, don't remember what it was, redirected me to www.searchv.com. The next time I run IE my home page was changed to www.searchv.com. Also the search bar was replaced with another one which can be found at www.searchv.com/search.html. Also a bunch of different links had been added to my link list.

At the bottom of www.searchv.com site you can find the text
    "Quick change your IE homepage to MSN.com Click here and Click Open".
    If you click the link and then choose Open it tries to change windows registry. Didn't try how.

My IE functions fine now since I reseted the settings. Still www.searchv.com/search.html is listed twice at my SpywareBlaster IE Browser Page list. It is supposed to be "the Current User's Default_Search_URL". It is also named as "a search-related item for the Current User: Search URL".

I think this darn seachv deserves to be blocked for good.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi carpenter,

Please download, unzip and run CWShredder

If that does not solve your problem, please follow the instructions in this post:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Regards,

Pieter

3. carpenter

carpenter Guest

Thanks,
    CWShredder really did find and remove some corrupted registry entrys etc. Thanks again!

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Glad we could help. :)

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.