Searching for VCC funded with Ukash

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by securitus, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. securitus

securitus Registered Member

Any of you guys have any opinions about Ukash.com ?

To me it seems like a very good system to make untraceable payments on the Web. You buy a voucher in a store (there are thousands in UK and now spreading across Europe). The voucher contains a multi-digit number that says how much money there is in your voucher. You can then use this number to make payments at websites that accept Ukash. Many gambling websites have adopted this system. I hope that many more will follow.

I never liked to reveal my personal data (name, address, telephone) and creditcard number to just about any little webshop that has something that I want to buy. Why should they know my identity when all I want is to buy something, like an ebook, a movie, a software program, a music CD or whatever? I feel that the world is moving in the wrong direction towards an allmighty BigBrother society where your every move is known to the Government. Somebody always knows and makes a record of whenever you use your computer, phone, bankaccount or creditcard and the list goes on and on. They even make a record of what you buy.

Ukash is a countermeasure against BigBrother. It makes at least your money untraceable (remember, you IP address is still recorded). My hope now is to find a VCC (Virtual Credit Card) that can be funded using Ukash. If that card issuer allows me to use the name Donald Duck I would be really happy. That would enable me to buy things on the Web without having to reveal all about myself to every little nosy shopowner. Just like I do when I shop at my local mall, using ordinary old-fashion cash.

Is there anyone who knows about such a VCC ? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.