SearchForlt

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by lizzieburb, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizzieburb

lizzieburb Registered Member

I have been using Spybot for some time now and am used to seeing the DSOExploit and ignore it.

Just recently I have noticed SearchForlt is found and I check the box to fix it, it does but as soon as I run Spybot again, even one minute later, it is still there - I cannot get rid of it. I am not connected to the internet at all during these processes.

What does SearchForlt do please besides spy on me? I assume it is another Microsoft thing.

I have just downloaded Mrublaster and blasted about 400 items.
    I have KAV & KAH on this computer and it is an Evesham Evolution Pentium 4 2.20Ghz with Windows XP Home. I have not as yet downloaded the SP2.

Any help much appreciated.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey lizzie,

Are you also using a program called SpywareBlaster ? If so....that is a False positive being reported by Spybot and you can read about it in the below thread. If your not using SpywareBlaster....we'll have to take a closer look.

This link---> Spybot Update 8/30/04 False Positive

3. lizzieburb

lizzieburb Registered Member

Thank you Bubba - I do have Spyblaster and have read the links you suggested and am relieved that I do not need to worry! My husband says I am paranoid! But I tell him "you can't be too careful these days" - there are so many nasties out there.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your Welcome Lizzie....and your right...."you can't be too careful these days" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.