Search Guard PlusU and BHO.dll in SGPSA folder

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by HartHunter, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HartHunter

HartHunter Registered Member

I have Windows XP Pro x64.

I've been looking through my Program Files folder today and noticed a folder that contains a program named Search Guard PlusU. I never downloaded this program. It's not listed in Add/Remove Programs or Revo Uninstaller and the uninstaller for the program doesn't work. I ran MBAM and it didn't find it a threat.

I also found a folder in my Programs Files folder named SGPSA. Inside of it is a file named BHO.dll. I Googled it and found 2 references for it. One reference said it was a virus and another one said that it is a Windows file but that it should be inside of the Windows folder, not inside a folder in Progam Files. MBAM didn't see this as a threat either.

Does anyone have any ideas about these two?

2. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Hello there! I am assuming you installed My Web Tattoo.

First of all, tool bar's can be bundled within installers, so make sure you know what you are installing :)

Secondly, I recommend posting a hijackthis log at a site like http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html.

When posting on the forums I suggest you include this in your message;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.