Seagate external drive 320 GB ST3320820U2-RK / TI 10 (4871)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BHGP, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BHGP

BHGP Registered Member

Hi,

Using this new drive of Seagate in combination with Acronis 9.1 - 10 (last build) causes a crash when I reboot from emergency CD and try to enter the disk. Using save mode (with all the special commands) doesn't solve the problem. Only booting with BartPE gives the possibility to enter the disk and to use my backups of my partition.

Is there a chance for a betterand more comfortable support of the new External Storage Hard Drives of SEAGATE?

Bernd

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BHGP,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify what exactly happen when you try access the external hard drive? Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also note that commands like, for example, "acpi=off noapic", is Linux Kernel parameters and applies to the full variant of the standlalone version of Acronis True Image.

If you have not tried it already, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter into the full variant of the standalone version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Sorry to hear this but it cannot be a general problem as I have had no problems whatsoever with Acronis 10 Recovery CD and this external USB Seagate Drive.

Did you choose the Full version with the Recovery CD and was the USB drive connected and powered on before you started booting from the Recovery CD?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.