sdelete script help

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by n8chavez, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I'm trying to add the ability to use sdelete within the context menu to erase files and/or folders securely. I know about the alternatives, but I admittedly like command line applications. I might need a little help in doing so because nothing I have tried as worked.

I have created the following registry entry, which then points to the below bat.

sdelete.bat

I cannot figure out why this does not work. When I execute the script I'm told that sdelete is using an invalid argument switch. I can only guess that it is referring to the "%1". But I believe that to be correct.

Any ideas?

2. snowdrift

snowdrift Registered Member

; context_sdelete.inf

; Adds Zap Free Space to the right click context menu in Windows XP

; Make sure sdelete.exe is in the PATH (\windows\system32\)

[version]

signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]

AddReg=AddMe

[AddMe]

HKCR,"Drive\Shell\Zap Free Space\command",,,"C:\windows\system32\sdelete.exe -p 1 -z -c %1"

3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

N8chavez, the problem you are pursuing has been explored in this thread: My handy sdelete scripts.

Personally, I rarely use Sdelete, now preferring R-Wipe&Clean (which integrates into the right-click context menu for Windows Explorer).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.