SD 3.0 Stand-Alone Deployment Problems

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Sieran, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sieran

Sieran Registered Member

Hello,

I recently upgraded from SD 2.0 to version 3 and am having a few issues.

One of the main problems is deployment via the new stand alone feature. It allows you to use the bootable CD and do a off the network deployment of an image.

The problem I am having is it does not allow me to use a multi-disc image. If my image is larger than 4.7GB and does not fit to a single DVD, I split the image using the master image creator (by taking a new image and limiting it to 4000MB).

When I insert the first DVD, it says that it is not a complete or corrupt Acronis image. So I insert the second DVD and it populates the partition info and everything else like normal, but then tells me "E00040011 specified file does not exist". The number is always different every time I try again.

**note**

Single disc deployment works like a charm.

Is SD 3.0 just incapable of using multi-disc images, or am I doing something wrong?

If it is, you should notify/train your support staff as I can't seem to get a straight answer out of them. All of them seem to think it can, but can’t even begin to tell me how to do it or how to fix it. I have been waiting two days now for a response now from your "elevated" support team and am not getting anything from follow-up e-mails.

Thank you,

Andrew

2. bbuttry

bbuttry Registered Member

Exact same issue here! Trying to restore a laptop from multiple disks using the same process and you described!

Waiting to hear from support on the issue.

3. bbuttry

bbuttry Registered Member

Can someone please help by answering this thread? Is there a fix for thiso_O?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.