SD 2.0 - Multicast causes packet storm

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by doxenberg, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doxenberg

doxenberg Registered Member

Another FYI...this morning when imaging two target Workstations I inadvertently set the deployment template to use Multicast. During the image transfer a number of our users had their Network connectivity disrupted, some users' IP phones, including our receptionist's switchboard, went on the fritz (switchboard went out entirely, voice mail was interrupted, even some of our analog phone lines went on the fritz).
    This NEVER happened using multicast in the prior versions of SnapDeploy.
    I am going to test imaging multiple machines via Unicast later to see if it causes similar problems.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello doxenberg,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have performed the deployment using Acronis PXE Xerver or by booting target machines from Acronis Snap Deploy Bootable CDs?

Please submit a request for technical support. Please provide us with the information about your network (both logical and physical) in the request:

- Whether all the machines (DHCP Server, Acronis OS Deploy Server and Acronis Snap Deploy Agent machines) are in the same subnet;
    - The physical configuration of the network and how all the machines (DHCP Server, Acronis OS Deploy Server and Acronis Snap Deploy Agent machines) are connected to each other (whether all of them are connected to the same switch or the configuration is more complex);
    - On which machine the master image file resides;
    - The model names of the network hardware used in the network (the models of the network cards, network switches);
    - Whether there are any other router hardware/software;
    - What are the settings of your routers regarding the Multicast packets handling.

This information would let us understand what may be causing the problem and fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. doxenberg

doxenberg Registered Member

Hello Kiril,
    I imaged the machines via PXE boot.
    I will submit a support ticket as you suggested with as much detail regarding our Network as possible.
    Thanks!

4. Caesar

Caesar Registered Member

i had the same issue, would like to know if unicast worked for you. the bw throttle clearly didnt work as i set it incredibly low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.