SCSI wants to send us more data than expected - discarding data

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tuttle, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuttle

tuttle Guest

True Image 8.0, build 791, retail Acronis installation CD.
    Win98SE

When booting from the Acronis CD, just after the splash screen Acronis Loader shows a black screen with some messages:

ide-SCSI: The SCSI wants to send us more data than expected - discarding data
    ide-SCSI: [a bunch of numbers on this line]*
    ide-SCSI: expected 47 got 48 limit 47
    ide-SCSI: transferred 47 of 48 bytes

What does this mean? Is this a problem?

(* I can't copy the sequence of numbers on that line, as it displays and disappears too quickly.)

Motherboard: AOpen AX6BC, with Intel 440BX.
    BIOS: Award Plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A, R2.59.
    Hard drive: IDE disk drive type 46, Quantum Fireball 8.4GB.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2005
  2. tuttle

tuttle Guest

bump.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tuttle,

Could you please create Acronis Bootable CD with the latest (800) build and send the messages you get (if any with the latest build) to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. tuttle

tuttle Guest

I've e-mailed support but Ilya, you provide better and faster support here in the forums. :)

I booted from recovery disks from build 800. I see the same error messages. No difference.

Note that even though I see those error messages when Acronis Loader is loading/booting, I am still able to successfully create images.

5. tuttle

tuttle Guest

Additional information:

I created a new Recovery CD, using True Image build 800. There is now one additional line at the beginning of the error message:

hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port 1 disabled
    ide-SCSI: The SCSI wants to send us more data than expected - discarding data
    ide-SCSI: [a bunch of numbers on this line]*
    ide-SCSI: expected 47 got 48 limit 47
    ide-SCSI: transferred 47 of 48 bytes

That first line appears only if my external USB drive is powered on when booting from the Recovery CD. If I turn off the drive, that first line (about hub.c) doesn't appear, but the other four lines still appear.

That first line does not appear when booting from build 791 retail installation CD, or the Recovery floppies I created from build 800, even with external USB drive is powered on.

I am still able to successfully create images.

(* I can't copy the sequence of numbers on that line, as it displays and disappears too quickly.)

6. tuttle

tuttle Guest

Ilya:

Is there anything else I should do at this point? As I say, Create Image does work, and Check Image does verify those images. However, I see those errors every time I boot from Recovery CD.

7. Acronis Support

Hello tuttle,

I need to show these lines to our Development Team (Linux Department). Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply? It will allow me to find your letter faster and provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. tuttle

tuttle Guest

# 211279

Thanks.

9. Acronis Support

Hello tuttle,

I have found your letter and let you know the result of my contacting our Development Team.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. tuttle

tuttle Guest

I got your message. I look forward to hearing what your Development Team has to say.

Thanks.

11. Acronis Support

Hello tuttle,

I will answer you as soon as possible. As I could get everything works fine when you boot from Acronis Bootable CD (i.e. all the necessary devices are available in "Create Image", "Restore Image", "Clone Disk" wizards). Am I right? If so the possible reason may be some additional device or port present (such as scanner, printer or something like this).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  12. tuttle

tuttle Guest

there are some variations

Yes, everything seems normal. So far I have only done Create Image and Check Image, but they work fine.

Four of those error lines appear with every Recovery disk I've tried.

However, that first line hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port 1 disabled appears only if my external USB drive is powered on when booting from the Recovery CD build 800. That first line does not appear if I turn off the USB drive. It also does not appear when booting from build 791 retail installation CD, or the Recovery floppies I created from build 800, even with external USB drive is powered on.

13. tuttle

tuttle Guest

Good response from Acronis Support:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.