Scsi HDD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NewBer, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewBer

NewBer Registered Member

hi...

i have read some review from other site about acronis true image 8.0 and it state it can support all type of HDD including SCSI...

but when i review that Acronis True Image 8.0 server version it doesnt state it support SCSI HDD....

what i want to know do the server version support all the HDD type including SCSI just same as normal version or more than that?

i need to make sure with it before i purchase it...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NewBer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software for Server.

When Acronis True Image Server is running under Windows, then it works with all the hard disk drives detected by the operating system. If Acronis True Image Server is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then the following RAID controllers are supported:

- P-ATA (IDE) RAID controllers (Promise, Highpoint)
    - Most of SCSI RAID controllers (Adaptec, Dell, LSI and others)
    - SATA RAID controllers (Highpoint, Intel, Promise, Silicon Image, VIA)

Some other RAID controllers may be supported as well, although we have not tested them yet, and the others will be supported with the future updates.

We recommend you to download the free trial version to see how the software works on your computer. The trial version is available at the following link: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/ATISWin/

If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. NewBer

NewBer Registered Member

thanks for the quick reply...

that means even that it can also support SCSI HDD or RAID in Window Server 2003?

What i want to do is to create a image file from my current server which is running window server 2003 that using SCSI HDD...

would it be any problem??

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NewBer,

Yes, you are correct, Acronis True Image 8.0 Server supports SCSI HDD in Windows Server 2003.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. NewBer

NewBer Registered Member

thanks for the reply....

i can purchase the product soon ;)

6. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

And what would you want to use that image for??

7. NewBer

NewBer Registered Member

i want to back up my server

8. neil conway

neil conway Registered Member

minimax,s point is that its no good making a rescue copy if TI cannot reload it again. and to my knowledge the trial version does not allow you to test the rescue cd which is linux and not windows based, and may not run your hardware at all. they get your money, you get the possability of a useless product

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Perhaps I'm wrong but I thought the trial version allows you to produce a bootable rescue CD, create an image, verify it via the Check Image Wizard, boot from the rescue CD and then step through the restore process up to the Proceed button?

If all that works correctly on the prospective user's hardware then I see no reason why the full version of TI 8 couldn't complete a successful system restore.

Regards

10. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Neil,

If the Linux based rescue environment had the full capability to restore the active system partition, how long would it be before a suitable "Crack" or ISO image appeared all over the Warez sites?

However, if what I've said about the trial version is correct, what more do you really need to test?

Regards

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  11. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

You are correct.

My point in asking what the original poster wanted the image for is, that Acronis' support is sometimes .... how should I say it? .... economical with the truth:
    In this case, the economical truth is that TI is gauranteed to work 100% with SCSI HD's as long as TI is running on top of Windows.

And since the poster has only stated that:
    and
    then I have no doubt that NewBer will be able to create the image (for backup purpose). But that is NOT the same as being able to restore the server from said image - which most likely involves the Rescue CD where not all SCSI controllers & disk will work.

12. neil conway

neil conway Registered Member

my appologies to all, had wrong end of stick and swung it.
    question though. I did retest boot media and yes it allowed me the option to reload an image, but not to create one, said that it was unavailable in trial version and to use windows instead. so I tried to see what would happen if I used it to restore an image. it did step 1, and turned my 'c' drive into free space. but step 2 failed after a few mins. acronis says something like the media does not support my raid controller. so what do you do when you try to test the product and you end up with no 'c' drive and an image you cannot load? apart from my case where you would think poetic justice. would it be better to allow the creation of an image with the media, knowing failure would do no damage, with the assumption that if it can create an image and possibly verify it, that it would be ok at restoring it. and to deny the restoration process as a means of preventing piracy. if I'm missing something please let me know. would prefer to hold the right end of the stick this time. deleted post as it felt prudent, given its inaccuracy

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.