scsi hard disk drive no detected with bootable cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Limoubai, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Limoubai

Limoubai Registered Member

I have true image server 8 build 764 (windows version) on a dell workstation the scsi controller is AIC 7901A , I have only one disk and I want to restore my system partition so i must boot with true image server by the cd or by the software, but in the boot mode my hard disk isn't detected so i have "E000101F4 Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives" when i want to restore my hard disk partition.
    thank you for your help.

2. Jed2756

Jed2756 Registered Member

Hi,

Any help with this? I have a simular problem with a new dell 8400 using a Intel 82801FR SATA AHCI controller with a wd 2500 250gig Drive.

Is there a way to install the additional drivers for the disk controller while the recovery boot disk is loading or is there a way to add the SATA controller dirvers to the bootable recovery disk?

Jed

3. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

No, I know of no way to specify 3rd party drivers for the rescue CD.

Keep in mind that the rescue CD is Linux based, so those 3rd party drivers would need to be Linux kernel modules. Even if you could figure out how you could get those modules loaded, it's highly unlikely that you'd be able to get the proper modules in the first place.

4. Jed2756

I guess I am out of luck with this product till they support my SATA controller. I saw another thread where Tech support said to update the snap module. I did that, cut another recovery disk and same thing. Can not recognize the disk.

TECH SUPPORT any help aprreciated.

Now to buy an external floppy drive and try to load the drivers via Ghost 9.0
    ( F6) while booting thier recovery CD. Ghost is windows based and might work. Had the same problem with ghost but thought I would try TI 8 to see if they were ahead with the updates before purchasing a floppy. Who thought I would need a floppy these days. LOL

5. Jed2756

I am sure there is a Linux port of the modules.. Intel would definitley have the port completed. That is what I figure Acronis would have to do to make this work as they do with all the other driver support files in the Linux Kernel.

Edit.

So the kernel is a static build I guess?

6. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Yeah, it does look like drivers for the Intel controller are available. Only Acronis Support will be able to help you out here...

7. Jed2756

Wdormann,

Thank you for posting that link to the drivers...Now I just need Tech support to build a new kernel... Thing is I am sure they would want to compile a list of driver updates before releasing the new version....

Tech Support Please respond. I would be happy to beta the build for you.

At least let me know that a fix is on the way. :)

Jed

8. Jed2756

Hi Again,

Bought an external floppy drive...copied the Intel 82801FR AHCI SATA controller drivers to it .....Used Norton ghost 9.0 and was able to F6 and install tthe drivers while booting up the recovery CD...

Worked like a charm...

Sorry TI.... Ghost 9.0 works for me so I have to stick with it.

BTW: I own a retail store and am planning on selling lots of Ghost software and suppling Backup solutions to the general public.

I was evaluatings both products and with little support I cant risk using your product.

In the future if you have a fix for your Linux kernel to support the new devices I might check back but at this point /delete TI

Thanks to all that helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.