SCSI drive going bad. Need help with TI restoring.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Atreyu, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atreyu

Atreyu Registered Member

I have XP -SP2. I also have three harddrives:

1. 18 GB SCSI partitioned as my C:\ drive
    2. 18 GB SCSI partitioned as my D:\ drive and
    3. 120 GB EIDE partitioned as my E: and F: drives.

Recently it has become apparent that the D:\ SCSI is going bad (it shuts down unexpectedly) and I need to re-partition the EIDE drive to include the D: partition.

I have created three images with TI (903). One of each of the C: and D: partitions and one of the total system. Before I try to restore the D: partition to the EIDE drive, does anyone have advice on how to do this? Would I have to reformat the EIDE drive first? Please help before the SCSI drive crashes completely.

Thank You
    Atreyu

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Atreyu

No you do not need to fomat the HDD, there is no need to reformat HDD's because Ti will replace to file system that is in the Image [what was being used by on HDD [Partition at the time the Image was created]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Atreyu,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you want to restore the image of D: partition you should not format EIDE drive. I can suggest you to make the folowing:
    - Run Acronis True Image and choose the "Restore Image" wizard
    - Then please follow the instructions.
    - Also you can create a new partition on EIDE drive and restore the image to it. In this case you save your E: and F: drives. You can make a new partition with Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0, for that you can download a free trial version from our web-site.

Hopefully answered all your questions well. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.