Scrolling with Firefox3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

A- FF3 offers 2 "scrolling options" They are--

1- Autoscroll

2- Smooth scroll

B- Can someone please define those 2 terms?

C- I further request *friendly advice* as follows...

Do I want them active (or not)? Why?

2. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Personal preference, really, but both are defined in Options Help:

Use autoscrolling

Autoscrolling is a useful feature which allows you to scroll the page by clicking the middle mouse button (usually the scroll wheel) and moving the mouse up or down. Some people find this annoying, so autoscrolling can be disabled with this optionpreference.

Use smooth scrolling

Smooth scrolling can be very useful if you read a lot of long pages. Normally, when you press Page Down, the view jumps directly down one page. With smooth scrolling, it slides down smoothly, so you can see how much it scrolls. This makes it easier to resume reading from where you were before.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    I have always only used autoscroll so ... I can't really say.
    Cheers,
    Mrk

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Slightly off-topic, since it's specific to Java applets, but closely related ...

I can't remember whether this started with Firefox 3 or the latest MS updates, since they were relatively close together -- or, of course it could be something totally unrelated to either.

Now when I load and run an applet (e.g., online games), scrolling it is very jerky, just as it used to be umpteen JRE upgrades back. I was hoping Sun's JRE Update 7 would, among other things, fix this, but no luck.

Anyone else experiencing this, and have any suggestions? I haven't touch my smooth-scrolling option in Firefox, so doubt if that's the culprit.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

@Mrk - Thanks. (I should have read the instructions. Duhhh)

@Mike- I can't remember having run any applets lately, so I can't help with your question. Sorry. FF3 scrolls smooth as silk for *regular*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.