Scripts Error

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by hunttom, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunttom

hunttom Registered Member

Hello,

I am new to this but did try to search for an answer here but couldn't find one. I have a machine running windows XP SP3 and I'm running Paragon Backup & Recovery™, version 10.0.15.12802. Ihave tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but I still get this error when running a scheduled backup (non-scheduled, manual works fine).

"Scripts.exe has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry..."

I have attached a copy of the log which I will be the first to tell you I don't have a clue about. Hoping to get some help here.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

First of all, please check if Task Scheduler service is started:
    * right click on My Computer - Manage - Services and Applications - Services.
    Please note: In case there is no ""My computer"" pictogram on your desktop, you can run Services using ""services.msc"" command in 'Start'->'Run'
    * Then select the Task Scheduler service, right-click on it and select Properties.
    * Select Automatic from the Startup type drop-down and click Start and OK.

Afterwards, please check if Windows Scheduler works correctly.
    Please create simple test task, for example, that starts Windows Notepad (notepad.exe) or Calculator (calc.exe).
    To schedule a task please go to: Start - Settings - Control Panel - Scheduled Tasks - Add Scheduled Task"

3. hunttom

hunttom Registered Member

Thanks so much for the response. I'm good on both counts. Scheduler is on and works with other stuff.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

1) Please find Error number & description in System log and post here.

2) Also disable antivirus and check if scheduled backup works.

3) Did you try to use Run Now to execute scheduled task script?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.