Screenshot program needed

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bio-Hazard, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Thanks for the link. I got it. That Last Freeware Version site is a keeper!

2. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Thanks for doing! ;) We know where to get it if ever backup copies are lost, now.

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have Faststone 5.1 but it is too complicated for me. I prefer an old version of Gadwin Print Screen. The newer versions interfere with nVidia's taskbar transparency so I use an older version. Gadwin won't capture scrolling though and that is why I got Faststone but I couldn't figure out how to get it to capture scrolling. I thought it would just be a matter of switching the choice temporarily to scrolling but it isn't simple like switching choices in Gadwin Print Screen. Plus, I don't like the tiny GUI in Faststone that popups in the right hand upper corner of your screen. Faststone reminds of me of Irfanview which I never much liked either. Gadwin has a new version out that I have heard a lot of praise for if you don't have an nVidia card or do but don't use transparency settings in nVidia desktop.

4. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Just use the FS Capture Hotkeys.

For example, the Advanced tab in IE is way too long to get a screen shot. So, just have that IE window open a do a "Ctrl+Alt+PrtSc", and then move the mouse over the area to be captured (a red outlined box). When you have that area you want, just click on it.

Mike

Attached Files:

• FS.png
      FS.png
      File size:
      5.6 KB
      Views:
  5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, let me as a moral Q.
    Is it Ok to download an older version of a product that is now shareware/ payware, when the last free version is not hosted by the company itself. It,s more of a moral/ ethical issue( or might be legal as well- no idea).
    What u people think of it.

Thanks

6. nicM

nicM nico-nico

To host it, I don't know, but to download it, no scruples for me :D .

7. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Can FSCapture 5.3 capture from a scanner and thanks?

Gary

8. HAN

HAN Registered Member

No, it's a purpose built screen capture program. (It does have a decent but basic photo editor component.) But for things like scanner captures etc., you need something like FastStone's Image Viewer (which still is freeware.)

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Yeah, I know how it is supposed to work. But it doesn't work. In fact it crashes the program if I try it and it doesn't give the red box. It just doesn't work at all. That is the one feature I wanted it for as Gadwin PrintScreen does everything else I want. I recall once I got it to work ...I thought. But the result was a very distorted long, narrow column ...nothing like what I was trying to capture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.