Scott Finnie: another Scott's LNS review...

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Climenole, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi all :)

This is the continuation of a previous thread :

Look 'n' Stop 2.06 Gets a Miss

I found the Scoot's review this time in ComputerWorld... :rolleyes:

Scott Finnie-Computer World

Same comments about sounds... and Matousec tests :rolleyes:

It's funny to see how a stupid can spread his comments all around the Web.

Did he's paid for this? :rolleyes:

What is less funny it's the reputation of LNS as commercial product.

May be it's time for somebody to close the Scott's big mouth and alike by giving a reply to this...

Have a nice day.

:)

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

He must have been watching closely the Look 'n' Stop forum, he revamped his Look 'n' Stop piece to make it seem little less amateur-like. I suppose he doesn't have the freedom to express himself like at his own site, saying the things like "And if you don't have a life ..."...

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

The sound attribute is basically used on the denying Internet-filtering rules, some real indications when hearing the sound alert are unsolicited TRAFFIC, attacks or un-configured client applications access. Many common client applications will uses the common TCP authorising rule, so no sound is produced, but applications like p2p (peer-to-peer) software that needs custom created or imported p2p rules that authorise without warning. The pre-bundled rulesets are designed as an secure foundation with the basic rules for standard clients access, if you running servers then server rules needs to be created / imported, like for peer-to-peer softwares. Different users different interests with different custom or importable rules needs, a user doesn't want to see by default installation a bunch of server rules authorising inbound access to non-existing servers...

4. danieleb

danieleb Registered Member

Well, he (Scot) obviously made up his mind long before testing: Bottom line: I can live with Comodo (and that's exactly what I'm doing).

(By the way, did anyone count the times the words Firewall Leak Tester and Matousec appeared in this article? :thumbd:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.