Scot vs. Comodo, who is right?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pitzelberger, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitzelberger

pitzelberger Registered Member

2. Lundholm

Lundholm Registered Member

Hi pitzelberger,

Truly interesting discussion, not because of the tech aspect, but mostly because of its political angle:

Who says what and recommends what and for what reason? Who pays whom to do what? And what about all the undercover posters? Are they paid agents or employees or just fanboys?

It seems to me that Scot is right. There seems to be no documentation available which relates the "leak test" capabilities to D+. This is no good for the inexperienced user. Scot should know this, of course, and pointed out long ago that the documentation is outdated. There is no version 3 user guide, and the leak test stuff is about older versions.

Melih is right too. Scot should have realized this long ago (why didn't he?), and made sure that the documentation was updated.

3. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Scott uses a Mac for his personal stuff. Something to think about.

4. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

All these posts about turning off D+ to make Comodo work easier. Makes you think. Comodo 2.4 was alot better. Scott did apologize in another blog but I do think he is right. Comodo 3.0 was rushed into the world without carefull planning. Online Armor works hard at fixing things and only wants to release a full product when completely satisfied.

5. subset

subset Registered Member

From this point on the dispute became a little bit crude.
    If Melih accuses Scot more or less to been bribed by Tall Emu, a normal discussion about objective contents is ultimately history.
    Besides, I think that these are strong words for somebody who is in a leading position, particularly as there is no evidence given, just a suspicion or "question".
    And what Melih pointed out about Comodo Freeware versus OA Payware reflects only to the apps (and ignores OA Free).
    Nevertheless, as regards the money it is big comodo versus small tall emu, thus it would also be in court.

Cheers

6. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

As we're not into discussing personal differences / Comment's on other boards in this forum, i shall be closing this thread

Regards

nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.