Scheduling vs. Windows Task manager

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mixx, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixx

mixx Registered Member

Hi,

I am new to the application (testing) and would like to add (!) an Acronis Backup Job to my existing Windows Task that wakes my PC at 6am in the morning to do certain administrative stuff.

I am on Vista and the Windows Task manager of Vista supports several actions in a single task. This is great, as with this capability one can wake the PC from hibernation once, do a number of things in sequence and then let it go back to sleep.

In order to do this, I'd have to add a command line to run a particular Acronis TI Home 2009 backup task. Can this be done and if yes, how?

Thanxx, Mixx

PS: I am confused as I can not see any trace of a task in Windows Task Manager (WTM), after I define a backup task in TI. If I had an entry for the Windows Task Manager, I'd know what the command line is.

If the WTM is not used by Acronis TI Home 2009, how does it do the regular scheduled backups? Does one have to keep TI running in the system tray?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Acronis runs Services to schedule tasks.
    See your running services and you get them...

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You can call the task scripts by executing trueimagehimeservice.exe with the /script parameter.

On an XP computer that would look like this

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeService.exe" /script: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\89398388-922E-4188-8B0F-8CD12DC4F841.tib.tis"

Although the name of the tis file is diff for every task file.

In Vista, I think the script files are buried under the similar User directorty.

4. The Gold Tooth

The Gold Tooth Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mixx,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Acronis scheduler won't wake the computer from standby but the Windows embedded scheduler will. Therefore you can use the below instructions in order to execute tasks on schedule on a computer that you need to wake up from standby to run the task.

Please create a task with Windows Scheduler and call Acronis True Image Service using a command line like below where you fill in the path and filename of appropriate Acronis True Image Script file in place of the [bracketed portion]:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe" /script:"[drive:path\scriptname.tis]"

Acronis True Image Script files for scheduled backups are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applicaton Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts and have the extension "tis". To make sure that the necessary script will be selected you can edit it with Acronis True Image Home 2009 and then identify it by modification date and time stamp.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.