Scheduling option "At Shutdown" gone in Vista?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kallex, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kallex

Kallex Registered Member

Hello!

I used ATI Workstation 9 in XP and had schedule option At Shutdown available there.

Then when Vista came, I had to use ATI 10 Home for the time until you fixed Workstation edition to be Vista compatible as well.

Now I didn't spot the At Shutdown scheduling option in ATI 10 Home in Vista, and I somewhat hoped it was because you didn't include it in ATI Home. I knew Vista introduced better shutdown control, but I hoped it wouldn't have affected ATI.

The shutdown backup is the only feasible way to backup my development environment daily.

Now I understand that Vista may have introduced some hard to bypass difficulties in this. If that's the case, can't you simply change the behaviour so that you don't try to "hook" into the shutdown procedure, and provide separate option instead, that would allow in your ATI interface "Shutdown computer after backup operation completion".

That way you wouldn't have to interfere with the more controlled shutdown, but for users the option to end day's work with backup + shutdown would be practically the same (or even better, as sometimes the shutdown hook needed to be cancelled, and sometimes I would have wanted the backup to run even though I had ran it earlier within the same day).

Br,

Kalle

2. gaz8080

gaz8080 Registered Member

Bump.

Any info on this? I'm also missing the 'at shutdown' option using Vista 32 Premium.

3. neural9

neural9 Registered Member

Agreed - missing facility is a big problem for us.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that due to architectural differences in Vista that option is not yet available. Most likely it will be reimplemented in the later builds of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.