Scheduling images to a REV drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NSA, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NSA

NSA Guest

I am using Server Enterprise edition to back up images to an Iomega REV drive.
    The REV has swappable disks (35GD)
    I am only using 11GB on my server although the drive space is approx 70GB available.
    I can manually create images without a problem but when I schedule the images to be created, I have no way to automatically answer the dialog that pops up saying "I00640003:please Insert The next Media"
    If you click "OK" it goes on and runs
    I get this message either doing it manually or scheduled.
    With scheduled job though, I am trying to have it run around 1AM when there isn't anyone around to say"OK"
    How can I get around this prompt?

2. NSA

NSA Guest

The above line should have read like this: "I00640003: Please Insert The next Media"

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NSA,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that Iomega REV drive is recognized as removable media and therefore you will get the prompt you described even with scheduled image creation. We expect this to be corrected in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. COGreyWolf

COGreyWolf Guest

5. ktory

ktory Guest

Try AutoIt from www.hiddensoft.com.

You will need to build a small batch file that will compile to an .EXE of about 75k. It is 100% free, and works exceptionally well. I have automated dozens of different processes with it, from backups to no-touch installs of third-party software on hundreds of machines.

It runs under any version of Windows.

Kevin

6. Crones

Crones Guest

I'm having the exact same issue with a Windows 2000 server.
    The version I'm using is Acronis True Image Enterprise Server version 8.0 (build 912). Has this issue been resolved or has been a workaround been found to correct this issue?

Thanks.

7. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.