scheduling every day but one day

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jaxx, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaxx

Jaxx Registered Member

I know there was a way to schedule an incremental every day except one day (when one can do a full backup) but i cant find that option. Anyone??

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

I don't think you can exclude a day from a daily backup but you can schedule the full weekly backup to start before the daily and thereby minimise the amount of data backed up by that incremental. If there is a way to omit the incremental on the day of the full backup (using Acronis schedules that doesn't involve writing external scripts) then I would like to know.

3. Jaxx

Jaxx Registered Member

PJB, I think I found the answer which I had known before but somehow lost. To schedule an "every day except this day" incremental, you schedule a weekly backup, and on the next screen it asks you to check off which day(s) of the week you want it to run, and then you select every day EXCEPT the day you don't want it to run (presumably the day you do a full backup.

4. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Thanks Jaxx that sounds logical and I will try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.