Schedules dissappear after manipulating them with Task Scheduler

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by gggirlgeek, May 4, 2014.

1. gggirlgeek

gggirlgeek Registered Member

Hello,

When I create a scheduled job in HDM 14 pro I see it in the schedule list. However, when I close HDM and change some perameters in Windows Task Scheduler (Win7x64) they dissappear from HDM's schedule list.

I need to manipulate the schedules because Windows' Task Scheduler is more flexible than Paragon's. Also, on most tasks, I need to ensure that Wake to Run and Only run if Idle for.... options are set properly.

Is there a way to get the scripts back into Paragon's interface after changing them in Task scheduler?

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

When you are modifying the information within task scheduler are you changing the 'Configure for' option and changing it to Windows 7, Server 2008?

3. gggirlgeek

gggirlgeek Registered Member

Yes, that's probably it. I needed Vista mode or above because I was trying to add CCleaner as an additional Action (pre-command) to the task.

I have now found that I can change the layout.ini file and add any of these lines to run commands with backup tasks. (It runs them for ALL backup tasks though!) For others' benefit:

Execute on backup done = ""
    Execute on snapshot taken = ""
    Execute on backup started = ""​

I made a ccleaner.bat script and executed it before backup started. Works great.

@Echo off
    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Ccleaner.exe" /Auto
    Exit​

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.