scheduler time won't change

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by dclkdm, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dclkdm

dclkdm Registered Member

I tried to change the scheduler time (set to every sunday) but Prevx keeps on scanning every day o_O (it works to well? :D ).

This behavior is on all 3 pc's/notebook.

How can I get Prevx to perform a scan only once a week on a day of my choice?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Out of curiosity, what are the other settings which you have checked in the scheduler page? The on-bootup scan occurs within an hour or so of bootup so could it be possible that this is the scan which is running rather than a normal scan?

You may want to uncheck "Scan automatically after bootup" and "If my computer is not powered on at the scheduled time". I haven't heard other users come in with this complaint before but it is indeed possible :) I'll run some tests to see if we can reproduce anything on our end (it'll take a couple days tho :D)

3. dclkdm

dclkdm Registered Member

I have: scan my system every sunday at 2 pm

scan at next bootup

only alert me if...

The curious thing is, it doesn't scan at bootup. Sometimes within an hour, but also after a couple of hours later in the evening.

I'll uncheck the bootup option for a while to see if it has something to do with this.

4. dclkdm

dclkdm Registered Member

OK, I have only these options checked:

Enable sceduled scans
    Scan every sunday (2 pm)
    Only alert me if an infection is found

All others are unchecked.

Scan run yesterday (sunday) which is OK. But 5 min ago the scanning starts again, as it happily daily does o_O

How can I get it to run only weekly?

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This appears to be a bug in our scan scheduler. We will be looking into it shortly to correct it ASAP :)

Thanks for the report!

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I can't get mine to quit doing the bootup scan. Checked yes or no it just does it. It's so quick though I haven't really worried about it much...o_O :eek: :D

7. dclkdm

dclkdm Registered Member

Well, yes it is quick. But still... yesterday it even did a second scan. Twice daily is very secure but I want it to scan when I tell it to :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.