Scheduler Problem.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fouriron, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fouriron

fouriron Registered Member

I have multiple backup tasks for different partitions to run on different days. One of them and only one intermittantly gives me the following error when I check the logs in the morning.
    "Scheduler can not run task "Backup D".Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced."

All the tasks look the same in that they have the same user/domain and the password is blank. If I click the failing task and click run, it runs fine.

I am running TI Home 11, but this has happened since TI 7 or 8 as near as I can remember and is has been happening on both XP and Vista.

Any ideas?

Len

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fouriron,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Could you please try to recreate this task and check if the issue is gone? If it's still exist then could you please clarify what partition it should backup and destination location (for example partition D on your internal hard drive #1 to network share \\storage\backup). Please provide us with all details regarding this issue.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

3. fouriron

fouriron Registered Member

Michael, Thanks for the reply.
    I have recreated the tasks but will have to wait till next week to see if it fails again. Sometimes it does not fail every time.

As for the information you requested. Here goes.
    I have partitions C-L across 3 Hds. I have set up a backup job for each (running on different nights and different times. They all back up to a folder on my F: drive which is a local disk The folder is named "Partitionname_Curr" E.G. C:_Curr. Each backup job runs a pre-process batch file to rename the current backup folder for that partition to "Partition Name_Prev (E.G. C:_Prev, and then create a new current empty _Curr folder and then allow the backup to run. Each backup job is exactly the same except for a unique Parameter to the batch file naming the partition. Of all the jobs, only one or two will fail each week and even that is not every time. The failure seems to occur only with partitions D and E so I recreated both those jobs. I'll see what happens next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.