Scheduler not working?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by freitasm, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freitasm

freitasm Registered Member

I am running Acronis TrueImage Echo Server and I have a task scheduled to run at 5am, every day for an incremental backup... But the task is not running and there's no errors listed in the Windows event.

I checked the account (Administrator) and password used in the task creation, as well as tried changing its time.

Any ideas or suggestions to make this work?

2. freitasm

By the way, just tested this again - it will run the scheduled task if there's a user logged in.

It won't run the task if no user is logged in.

3. freitasm

:rolleyes:

Deleted the task, re-created it and it's ok now... Go figure

4. mikel51

mikel51 Registered Member

I have had this problem since upgrading from ACR10 to ACR 11. A few times I have deleted and made a new task to get this to work, but eventually the scheduler stops running my backups. I've been to lazy to switch back to version 10, but I probably should since the reliable schedule running is the reason to use this software in the first place. I also wish I could edit tasks..that bug is also pretty annoying....

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello freitasm, mikel51 and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

If you experience an issue with scheduled tasks not running on time without any error indication, please follow the instructions in this post of Acronis Help Thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. ploquit

ploquit Registered Member

My guess is that you have perfomed a restore. Scheduled backups don't work after a restore, nor can they be edited. I've read that this is a known glitch in the program. The only fix is exactly what you did. Delete and re-create.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.