Scheduler in NOD32 v2.5 unreliable?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by RicardoH, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RicardoH

RicardoH Guest

Hello

I stumbled across this forum when searching for answers to a scheduler problem with NOD32 v2.5. The forum seems to be well controlled with some healthy content, so I'm hoping it may come up with an answer...

I have two scheduled scans set up in the NOD32 scheduler, a 'local' profile one at 1000hrs daily, except on Saturday, when I have an 'in depth analysis' one (with every possible check switched on in the setup page i.e. inside compressed files, all files, potentially dangerous content etc.) also set up for 1000hrs.

IF my PC is in standby mode when the scheduled time arrives, I find that it does not obey the 'start as soon as possible' option when resuming from standby, despite specifying this when I ran the wizard to set up the schedule.

I've sent an e-mail to Eset about it and their first response wasn't very encouraging so I've provided some more detail in the hope that this will spur them on.

Can I ask if anyone else has experienced this problem and what the solution is?

Elsewhere in this forum, I read something about a clash with Windows task scheduler but I've disabled this service (Windows XP) and the problem still exists.

Interestingly, the hourly scheduled 'update' task seems to work quite happily, picking up as soon as possible after I resume the computer, so the application does seem flawed in the way it handles failure to run scheduled scans at the appointed time.

Thanks in anticipation of any help.

Ricardo
    (not yet a member but I hope you won't hold that against me :))

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Do you mean you sent a second email to Eset? If so the more info you give them the better able they are to help.

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

What was Eset's first response, by the way?

4. RicardoH

RicardoH Guest

Eset's initial reply, as requested
    (edited as it included a response to another [possibly] unrelated issue)
    from Senior Support - Paul

'I've not heard of this behaviour before, I'll get Eset to check it and fix if required.'

This had me confused as I e-mailed Eset support and the reply implied I'd not quite reached them..

RicardoH

5. RicardoH

RicardoH Guest

Hello 'The Hammer'

Sorry, just realised I didn't reply to your post.
    Yes, I sent a second e-mail including screen dumps showing that I'd set the schedule up correctly and citing an example. Here it is:

Hello Paul

Further to my e-mail earlier, copied below, I am able to provide further information that seems to prove that the scheduler is unreliable.

The screen dump (attached) shows my entire schedule including the 'detail' pane of the daily scan, scheduled to take place at 1000hrs.

As you can see, the last time this ran was yesterday, at around 13:47 (I forced it to run) but as of now 1109hrs on 31 May, it still hasn't run for today.

My PC was in standby mode from about 0947hrs through to about 1040hrs.
    Surely the 'run as soon as possible if schedule is missed' setting is not working?

As I stated yesterday, I am fairly sure that there are times when the PC is on and they still don't run.

Note, however, that the scheduler is working for updates (states last updated 1045hrs today).

Help! I need to be confident in this application before I buy a multi-client licence.

6. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

I cant sent up the shedule working correctly... id especially like Nod32 to run certain things just once a day when the comp starts, but I cant get it working.

If its Nod or if its the stuff im trying to do - i dunno...

Have had some issues with scheduled scans on SWE win 98se:s too...

/DaK/

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Marcos, Happy Bytes, or Blackspear could any of you read and respond to this thread?

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi RicardoH, can you see if this thread is of any help.

Can you also please post a screenshots of each step of your scheduled task, as I have done here.

Cheers :D

9. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Alright - i wanted Nod32 to run an external application ( a backup prog profile ) one time per day when the comp starts... Didnt work when i directly pointed to the backup job file - didnt work with a link/shortcut but it worked when i pointed Nod32 to a *.bat file that then ran the backup file...

Only problem is that id not like to have permission set for cmd.exe to be able to run at all. ( in ProcessGuard )

/DaK/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.