Scheduled Tasks Wizard and 100% CPU!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ratchet, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I haven't read all 169 posts on 100% CPU, so this my have been mentioned. I did search "Scheduled Tasks" but just a lot of threads about scheduling backups. I'm running XP Home SP3 (although the problem existed with SP2 also, however, I didn't realize it was NOD). Whenever the wizard starts my pc just locks up, even unable to open Task Manager, so I was never able to figure out what was causing it. So the same thing happened again today. After a reboot, I opened TM first then started the wizard and observed NOD32 spiking at 100%. I disabled NOD and the wizard worked quite normally. The wizard continues to run normally if NOD32 is disabled.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It'd be of an interest if you start Process monitor (or File monitor) before launching the scheduler wizard and then watch the files being accessed by ekrn.exe. Could you please try it and let us know about your findings?

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Not sure I did this correctly but I made Logfile.PML of the freeze. How do I send it to you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.