Scheduled tasks scan ??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Gladd8tor, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gladd8tor

Gladd8tor Registered Member

Hi ... I have NOD 32 set in the scheduled task to scan my computer but I never notice it perfroming this scan , Is this normal , Or how does it work ? Thanks

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

open the control center, click logs, NOD32 Scanner Logs - are there entries for the scheduled scans in the right hand panel?

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. Gladd8tor

Hi ... No there isn't any , this explain as to why I never notice any scan being done , Though I do have it to scan at a certain time but its not doing so , I am recieving the updates but , scan isn't working ... I do believe I have it set up correctly , I am going to go over it again just be sure but , in the meantime maybe one can point as to what i should have check off ? Thanks

5. Gladd8tor

I have try to follow the direction from that link but , You are missing one other option for the Scheduler/ Planner , I believe its at the end of the set up and , i am not sure as to what I should do , Maybe some one can explain what needs to be add in this last option windows >>> title window is " Run external application "

Specify the application to run

File >>>>>>>>>> Browse

Work directory >>>>>>>>>> browse

Command Line >>>>>>>>>>

What needs to be add there ?? Thanks

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Forget that link for awhile. :) Just schedule a task using the NOD32-scanning option.
    Set it to start at the next hour.

Attached Files:

7. alglove

alglove Registered Member

8. Gladd8tor

Hello ... I don't understand those 2 links , It seem to be uncomplete , If I choose to set it up with " nod32 Kernel - Excution of an enternal application , Then from the link Ronjor provide doesn't show it completely , If I choose to set it up with " NOD32 - Scanning " at the end of the set up I get a window the say " Choose desired profile for testing . New profile can be created within NOD32 on - demand scanner " So what would I do there ?

Is there a simple way to set this Anti-Virus program to scan my computer at my desire time ? Also which method is the correct way to select ? Is there a step by step guide which actually show the whole set up , Where there isn't any left out parts

Alglove , i have to do all that just to set this Anti-Virus program to scan my computer at my certain time ??

I am sorry to say guys but, Something that should be easy to set up really seem to be not the case here, Or am I misunderstood ? Thanks

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This is the way mine looks. NOD scanning at fifteen hundred everyday.

Using the on demand settings in the desktop icon. Not the tray icon.

Pick any profile to scan to start with. Once you set the time, it will run.

Attached Files:

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

My scan ran at 15:00 and a log was entered.

Attached Files:

11. nameless

nameless Registered Member

If you use NOD32's built-in scheduler to perform on-demand scheduled scans, the scanner (NOD32.exe) is launched in a hidden window. The reason is obvious; they do it so it's out of your way. But still, it can be inconvenient, especially if you want to shut it down, or if you just always like to be aware of what's going on with your system.

I have two tips:

* If you continue using NOD32's built-in scanner, and ever want to show the hidden window, either just to see it, or to stop the scan gracefully, you can use a utility like NirSoft WinLister. Just open WinLister, sort on the Filename column, and look for the nod32.exe process. The class is #32770, and the window title shown in WinLister will make it obvious which hidden window to select. Just use WinLister's option to show that hidden window, and the NOD32 scanner will look like it usually does--a normal, visible window. From there, you can stop it, quit, whatever.

* You can forego the built-in NOD32 scheculer entirely, as I do, and use Windows Task Scheduler instead. This isn't as convenient to set up, because you'll have to deal with all the command line parameters, but it will at least create visible windows during scanning--and the execution will be logged as are all tasks in Task Scheduler. (And if you want to get creative, you can use a simple command script to create your own execution log, make the scanner window run minimized, and so on.)

12. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Gladd8tor, there are TWO pages to the first link, once you get to post number 25 then you need to click on to page 2 to finish setting up your automated scan.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

13. Gladd8tor

Hi ... Okay I am trying to follow the NOD32 Kernel- Excution of an external application , Now when I get to the " Run external application " window , In the " File " Option I use the Browse and I select NOD32 location under the C:/program Files/ESET and select NOD32 , Now the problem I am having is the " Command Line " Isn't there just a simple way just to have it set so it will scan my whole computer ? Because I have 2 hard drives , which I have 3 partition set up , I would really like it to scan my computer with all my 3 partition on 2 HDD ... I have my Windows install on my C drive , this is all on one HDD , where the other HDD is split into 2 partition , So how can I set it up to perform all 3 ? Thanks

PS : Also like to thank everyone with your tips , Thanks

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Indeed there is remove C:\ and instead have only /local then add the standard switches after that.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

15. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Have you looked at the help file? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm serious, because there are a ton of command line options for the scanner...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.