Scheduled Task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dave49, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

I use Acronis 11 on my XP Pro system. I created a sched task to back up every night at 4AM. I also set the options to verify back ups. The sched task works sometimes, but doesn't at other times. The times it does not run, there is no record of it even trying in the Log. I now have to manually start the sched task on mornings when the task does not run.

I have set a password, and it verifies when I created the task. I do not understand the task unreliability. Does anyone have a comment on what may be wrong?

Thanks,

~Dave

2. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi Dave,
    Did you set up your scheduled task to shut down the computer after the backup is finished?
    If so, there's actually a bug that makes the computer to shut down before the validation process has begun .

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

This is a known bug in ATI11 -- for some folks, schedule tasks sometimes don't run -- the reason why is not yet nailed down. Maybe it will be fixed in the next build.

4. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

Thanks for the information. Yeah, it would be nice if they would fix this bug.

~Dave

5. shieber

There's a boatload of probs in ATI11 that hopefully will be fixed in the next, much anticipated build. Some folks don't experience any probs andyou won't find those folks on the forums, generally. There's hardware that BootCDs from ATI 8-10 recognized that bootCDs from ATI11 can't--that means no restores for folks with that hardware. Schedule tasks don't run reliably for some; and there's that yellow alert ribbon; the wonky progress bar and time estimates; and other stuff. For those of use that had ATI 10, we could jsut revert and keep working. Folks that came to ATI fresh with version 11, it's tough.

6. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

I wonder if they will fix it as an update to ATI 11, or if they will abandon this one and make us pay for it in ATI 12?

~Dave

7. shieber

AT12 won't be out for another 6-10 months. I can't imagine Acronis not releasing fixes before that. I don't know how they could maintain business another 6 months without fixes. Much of Acronis's business comes from it's sterling reputation for product perfomance and that's being shot all to heck with the first two released builds of 11.

8. comgoddess

comgoddess Registered Member

Re: Scheduled Task - a fix

I just discovered a fix that helped me with my scheduled tasks.

I am on a domain and I backup to an external hard drive connected to my PC and got the "Unknown User Name or Bad Password" error whenever a scheduled task was run.

I am an administrator and so I created a share on the external drive, gave myself Full Control of the share as well as Full Control in the permissions to try to cover all bases. I still received the "Unknown User Name or Bad Password" error.

Since the Acronis scheduler service runs as a Local System account, I went back to my share and permissions and added my PC's SYSTEM account and gave it full control. That solved my problem.

Hope this information might help somebody else.

9. ERS61

ERS61 Registered Member

I also had the same problem with scheduled tasks with ATI11. It was very frustrating. However, about a month ago I used another product to "clean" my registry of any unnecessary entries. Since I did this my ATI11 scheduled tasks have run flawlessly for the past 30 days (I have it scheduled for daily backups). Don't know if this was a fix but so far so good. Might help someone else.

ERS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.