Scheduled Task problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alan Becker, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan Becker

Alan Becker Registered Member

I'm running TI 8.0 Server build 764 on a Windows 2003 server. I'm trying to schedule a task to automate a daily incremental backup. The task is apparently created successfully, but doesn't run at the appropriate time. When creating the task, I was logged in as Domain administrator, and I gave the user and password as the Domain adminstrator account and pwd. When I look at the task icon later. it is overlayed with an X, and I see a warning message "A required privilege is not held by the client".

(1) Who/what is the client??

(2) What privilege does it want??

If someone has a different recipe for this, I'll be happy to try it!!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alan --

Please update to the latest build and ensure that you have Backup/Restore privileges.

If that doesn't do the trick, please send me Acronis True Iamge log so that I can investigate the problem.

Thank you.

3. Alan Becker

Alan Becker Registered Member

I have upgraded to Build 768, re-created the backup task, and looked for every place I could find to grant "Backup files and directories" and "Restore files and directories" user rights, to the Administrators, Backup Operators, Server Operators, and even OZANNE2/Domain Admins.

All this has made no difference. I still get a message about a missing privilege whenever the task tries to start.

In your reply, you mentioned sending a "True Image log". I can't find any file with a .log extension that seems relevant. I tried to attach a file of an Acronis System Report, in case that is what you were referring to. Unfortunately, it is almost twice your upload limit of 100kb, so I will need to email this to you, if you want it. Please provide further instruction regarding what you need to pursue this issue, and the methods of transfer.

Also, could you please expand on the specific procedure for granting the privileges this process requires.

TIA,
    Alan Becker

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alan --

I've meant the log that can be created using the in-built feature of the product (the icon in the same row as Create Image, Verify, etc...)

Though as far as I see that problem needs some investigation, so it's better to proceed with it through support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.