Scheduled Scans

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Graystoke, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hello.

I run a full system scan with NOD32 once a week. I do this manually. When the scan starts, the scanning window opens and I can see everything on my hard drive being scanned. I tried to set up a scheduled scan. I went through the process of setting up the scan. Hopefully I did it correctly. The scheduled scan seems to start, but the scan window doesn't open. It may be weird, but I like to watch the scanning process. LOL. So is this normal that the scanning window doesn't open during scheduled scans?

2. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

I believe scheduled scans run independently of the logged in user. On a single user system , that might not mean much, but on a multiuser system, scheduled scans might not have access to all files depending on the access rights of the user logged in at the time the scan is set to run (if indeed any user is logged in at all). So I think the scan is run as a system task for that reason.

You can see the result in the scanner logs in the Control Centre. Right click on the relevant entry and select "Details". You will see the same report window that you get during a manual scan.

3. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Yep, understand all that. No problems there. I am the only user. I just wanted to know, when the scheduled scan started, why I can't see it actually doing it's thing like when I click on scan manually and the scan window opens.

4. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    You can't view the status of NOD32 when it's executed via automatic task, however you can made a task for execute others programs and select nod32.exe and in the command line specify the command line that you want to use like /AH, /arch+, etc. and when it will executed, you will view the status, cancel this, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.