Scheduled Scan Out of Order.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Elray, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I got clarification on how to set up a scheduled scan and after following the instructions (provided by Blackspear) all went well. My schedule was set up for 8pm on Friday night and that happened last week without problems. Tonight the scan started out of sync at 7.30pm which was a little strange since my computer time is accurate. Then my system froze shortly afterwards while still scanning. When I rebooted the scan attempted to run again, possibly because it hadn't completed earlier. I have manually run a complete scan and there is no infection. The only change since last Friday has been the installation of SP2.

Has anyone any ideas on why that happened? Should I just delete the task and and then reschedule it in case something in the Scheduler has been corrupted. I should add that autoupdate is working without a hitch and everything else appears OK.

Elray
    :doubt:

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

If the scan failed to complete or was manually stopped last week, it would attempt a scan this Friday when you started your computer, a 2nd scan would then start as scheduled, which may account for the appearance of a freeze. I have seen this scenario.

The workaround that I found was to use the 3rd option down, to have Nod32 run the scan if more than 192 hours (8 days) has passed since the last scan was completed, as per screenshot…

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

3. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Hi Blackspear, Thanks for your reply. I didn't stop the scheduled scan last week and was happily thinking I had got things right! My only query with the scheduled scan was trying to work out how to get it to scan my "D" and "E" partitions as well but I had put that into the too hard basket for the present anyway and just did manual scans on those.

I'll amend the options as you have suggested and see what happens next Friday. Scheduled tasks is still showing the correct day and time for a scan but perhaps something changed in my settings when I installed 2.12.3 over the top of 2.12.2 that I don't realise or recognize.

Thanks again,

Elray
    :)

4. Blackspear

Let us know how you go...

My pleasure.

All the best...

Cheers; D

5. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

Just posting back as requested to let you know that the scheduled scan which malfunctioned last week has performed exactly on cue this week. Either your advice worked or whatever threw the spanner into the works last time has not intervened this week.

Can I ask you whether I can amend the path you gave me for my weekly scan of "C" drive to include my other two partitions ("D" and "E").

This is what is currently entered into the schedule:

C:\ /clean /ah /all /subdir+ /heur+ /scanfile+ /scroll+ /arch+ /pack+ /mapi- /pattern+ /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /heurdeep /log+ /prompt /program

I would rather not mess with success without advice from someone who knows what they are doing because I certainly am on a learning curve here.

Many thanks,

Elray

6. Blackspear

That is really good to see, a nice result :D

It can be done, from what I remember Rumpstah or Marcos advised how to do it, though quite a while back.

I’ll see if I can find it and post how to do so…

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.