Scheduled Scan Apparently Not Working In Version 4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Wonkabear, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonkabear

Wonkabear Registered Member

I have EAV version 4 set to do a weekly scan on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. If the scan does not happen at that time, I have it set to "Run task immediately if time since last execution exceeds specified interval" - (one hour).

The last time a scan was run was on 11 Mar and nothing since.

Anybody else have any problems with scheduled on-demand scans.....or am I missing some setting for this very important task.

Thanks and have a great day.

Bill

2. jayt

jayt Registered Member

I was having same problem. My AV 4 is running on Vista. I had forgotten to check "save" in the in depth scanning profile which pops up after you finish scheduling. You might want to edit the schedule so as to bring up the "on demand schedule profile". Worth a try.

3. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

I've set up a scheduled scan on my laptop with the "Run task immediately if time since last execution exceeds specified interval" option set one hour just for a test. I then closed the lid to put the laptop to sleep during the scheduled time.

On waking laptop about an hour later, no scan started. I used the laptop for about 30 minutes, but nothing. I then rebooted and a scan started immediately on startup/logon.

Is this similar to your issue, or have you rebooted since the scheduled scan time?

4. Wonkabear

Wonkabear Registered Member

Finally!!!!

I went into the setup and rescheduled the scan for today at 2:35 p.m. and wha-la....it worked.

Now, I'll hold my breath until next Monday and see if it works again....:doubt:

Maybe EAV just doesn't work on weekends....:rolleyes:

Now to go fishing....:cool:

5. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Btw -Wonkabear, not that it is important, but I am originally from Sanford, N.C. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.