Scheduled Profile Does Not Run

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by nameless, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I'm using AVG-AS 7.5.1.43 plus on Windows XP. Maybe I'm being a dope and overlooking something here, but I can't see why this scheduled profile won't ever run when it seems it should:

cap-001.png

My PC is on at all times, and I have not run any full-screen applications lately...unless AVG-AS counts the Windows XP Welcome Screen as such. I've also tried disabling the Don't execute if a fullscreen [sic] application is running option, and also tried enabling the If scheduled time was missed, catch up as soon as possible setting. It made no difference.

I created this profile a few days ago, yet as you can see from the image above, it has never run. Why?

2. steveke

steveke Registered Member

Well, I thought I had the opposite problem as I scheduled several scans one morning and then decided to unschedule a few and those few still ran until I deleted them.

However, I just looked and the ones that were not deleted and had always remained scheduled with none of the boxes at the bottom checked have never run. They were scheduled to run in the middle of the night.

So you are not alone.

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

4. nameless

I deleted the problematic profile and created a new one--and it ran as scheduled one time so far. But at this point, based on knowing the problem has existed for months across several versions, I no longer trust the software. I expect it to mysteriously stop running this schedule at some point. I no longer run an AV because of this exact type of hassle.

Thank you for the replies.

5. steveke

Thanks Stapp

Reminds me to search before I post.

Made the changes, do not expect a problem.

Just a note, in Post 2 Karl talks about enabling the "If scheduled time missed.." option. If you are setting a scan for the AM (or anytime)as I was and are doing it after the time, it will start immediately. It shows the next scheduled start as todays date.

If you do not check the box it shows next scheduled start as tomorrows date. I assume you can go back later and check it if you wish, but I don't.

Thanks again.

6. nameless

I searched before posting, but only briefly. So many people use search-unfriendly subjects like "Problem with software" or "Help me!" that got into the habit of not bothering to search much. I'll remediate my behavior. :p

Must be nice to be an optimist! :)

7. steveke

Nameless-
    First of all the scheduled scans did not run last night. But, since i did not check the scheduled time missed, I'll give it another shot.

I have a lot of friends who consider me too optimistic and I consider them too pessimistic, but they insist the are "realistic" not pessimistic. So, your realism 1, my optimism 0 so far. Currently all my pessimism (realism) is reserved for politicians.

As far as the search, I did not think of it in search terms, but was at a forum a few days ago where there were 2 posts:

Dude, what the f**k is this?
    What is this s**t?

Of course, you do not see those at Wilders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.