scheduled jobs do not run

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ollib, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ollib

ollib Guest

i scheduled a job to run daily but it is not started. are there any requirements that have to be met in order to run scheduled jobs? everything regarding the job was done according to the manual. provided password information for the job is correct.

any ideas? thanks oliver

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Check the logs in TrueImage. If something specific caused the scheduled job to fail, it should tell you.

3. ollib

ollib Guest

the logs are empty. it seems to me that the job isn't started at all. is there a service which takes care of TI jobs? (couldn't find one) no job concerning TI is listed unter the "at" jobs.

I forgot to mention the following. The OS is Win 2003 Server and no user is
    logged in when the job is scheduled to run.

regards, oliver

4. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

old versions of acronis have schedule bugs in preventing it from running. check your build and update

5. ollib

ollib Guest

it's build 786. should be up-to-date - I guess...

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ollib,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Send the created schedreport.txt file to support@acronis.com along with the description of the problem. Please indicate in your letter that you are using the latest build under Windows 2003.

Also please check whether the scheduled task works if you log into the system.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. digiclone

digiclone Registered Member

What was the fix for this? I am having the same problem with several 2003 servers even with the latest 791 build.

8. termlk

termlk Registered Member

Has this scheduling problem been fixed with Windows 2003?

9. Acronis Support

10. TBinder

TBinder Registered Member

I also have this problem, using Windows 2003 (SBE Premium) and TI 8 (build 800).

Is it really useful to spam the support-Account with every same question on how to run scheduled tasks?? Could you not just post a solution for this issue here?

11. termlk

termlk Registered Member

Instead of replying directly I have posted this for all to see and verify if others have the same problem.
    True Image Enterprise Server edition....
    In this one scenario if I use the management console from a remote workstation to schedule a backup job on my Windows 2003 Standard Server, the job is accepted and all looks well. Unfortunately the job never executes! No errors in the TI logs, nothing in Windows events....it just never goes.
    Now by accident one time I left the remote management console open and connected to the server....the job did start and finished completely. This was using build 921 Enterprise Server. I have not tried build 941.
    The scheduler was verified to be running....and everything is under the Administrator account. TI does run fine if I manually start the job.....

12. brownbird

brownbird Registered Member

Hello' o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

I've got the same problem with acronis trueimage server build 800 on windows 2003 std. The backup jobs are scheduled but they don't start!!! Works fine manually.

How can we uninstall trueimage propely (files, folders, registery..) ?

13. Acronis Support

Hello all,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all please make sure you have the following processes in Windows Task Manager when the task should begin:
    TrueImageMonitor.exe
    schedhlp.exe
    schedul2.exe

Also please navigate to "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Services" and make sure "Acronis Scheduler2 Service" is set in Automatic Startup type and is running when the image creation should start.

If the problem still persists please do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Send the created schedreport.txt file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

14. kbowz

kbowz Registered Member

I've been having the same problem. I noticed that schedul2.exe is not running in my Task Manager, although it is in my C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 directory. What causes it to launch? Do I need to launch this manually myself every time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.