Scheduled backup to NAS fails

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MagicTyger, Jul 30, 2014.

1. MagicTyger

MagicTyger Registered Member

I'm running Paragon Backup and Recovery 14 Home version 10.1.21.287 (16.12.13 ) Home

I have scheduled a cyclic backup with one full backup and many differential backups.

I've configured backups to go to a NAS drive which I have mapped to drive N:

I have enabled linked connections:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\EnableLinkedConnections=1

The first full backup worked fine.

Subsequent differential backups fail.

The error message (Image Below) says: "Result: Can't open/create file"

The [Result] section of the log says: Error 65571 (0x10023) Can't open/create file.

I have edited the task and enabled the box which says "Run whether user is logged on or not".

I have ticked "Run with highest privileges".

As a test I temporarily changed the task so that instead of calling scripts.exe it called a CMD file which did a fresh NET USE of the mapped drive, then called scripts.exe to try and ensure the drive was mapped.

I have set PERSISTENT:YES when mapping network drives.

I am an admin on the computer and have enabled the task to run under my profile.

It doesn't work. It consistently fails. What am I doing wrong?

Paragon Cyclic Failed.jpg

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I want to bump this up. I ran into this issue last night during my weekly full backup to my NAS. My backups have been working fine for a month and then all of a sudden I get the same error as the OP.

How do I fix this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.