Scheduled Acronis True Image Tasks Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rileypool, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rileypool

rileypool Registered Member

Every time I setup a scheduled task to run in Acronis True Image 9.1 Server Trial Edition it errors with the following log: 2007-11-06-112208.log

The gist of the scheduled backup is to create a backup of the C and D hard drives on our Linksys 80gb NAS device (drive N)

If I create this backup to run just once it does fine but with the same settings as a scheduled backup it fails every time.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  2. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Rileypool,

When I took a look at the log file I noticed this error:

"User name or password for the remote resource N:\FERIMC Server Backup\Full_Server_Backup.tib is incorrect. Please check user name and password and type it again."

Via Windows verify that the user name and password that you used in the backup creation process has access the specified path.

-Thamuz

3. rileypool

Thamuz, that's what I don't get.

Whenever I setup an individual backup it runs fine. But when I set it up as a Scheduled task it always throws this error.

For what its worth, if I'm on a domain must I use the domain\username format? I know I have to use that format so that the task runs as the correct user but is that true as well in order for this program to "access" those shared drives?

4. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

rileypool,

Yes you must use the fully qualified credentials (doman\user) in order to access the backup location during the backup process.

-Thamuz

5. rileypool

Okay, I'll try that one more time thru. Even though there is an option that says try to login automatically (because I'm logged on to the computer using an administrator account).

6. rileypool

Alright I set up a scheduled task that wouldn't run automatically and it runs fine whenever I start it manually. What's up with that? Why won't a scheduled task to run on a daily interval with the same settings work?

7. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

What user is the Acronis Group Server Service running as?

8. rileypool

It's running as the same user as I am logged in with and the same user credentials I'm inputting into the boxes when asked.

9. mooreman

mooreman Registered Member

I noticed you are backing up to a NAS device. Most NAS servers don't require any authentication. Edit your backup script and leave the user name and password boxes blank for the backup device. You may still need them to log on to Windows if the system is asleep when the scheduled backup kicks in. For test purposes after editing, choose to run the scheduled task right now to test it to see if it works or not. This solved a problem I was having backing up to my NASlite system.

Lastly, most SAMBA based NAS units won't handle 4.0 GB sized archive files due to a 32-bit file size limitation. I always set Acronis to split the archives at 700 MB to get around this issue. Good luck!

10. rileypool

mooreman, that's why I'm confused. Since it is a NAS device, I wouldn't think I would need to setup authentication to access to it. But I have tried it either way.

If I setup a scheduled task but at the end of it I don't set it to run automatically and save the task. Whenever I manually run the backup task it works without a hitch.

Also, my NAS device doesn't seem to mind how big the archive is. I currently backup two hard drives with my backup task and it totals almost 20gb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.