Schedule restore for ATI 11 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by irvingtin, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irvingtin

irvingtin Registered Member

Hi,

Does ATI 11 Home support schedule restore?

If no, do there have command line to restore so that I can use windows schedule task.

Thanks.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

[CORRECTION, mea culpa and sorry for misleading anyone or getting anyone's hpes up. the answer is yes for backups but no for restores.]

Yes to both. You can schedule in ATI or you can use the Windows Task scheduler to execute an ATI task. persuse the User Guide for info on how to use the ATI scheduler and search the forums for ways to use the Windows Task scheduler to run ATI tasks. The Win Scheduler is more work to set up but it will wake a PC from suspend/hibernation to run a task.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Is that correct? ATI 11 will scheule Restores?

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

If it is possible (I don’t know), I was under the impression that restores required user intervention of some kind. So even if you could schedule one, you'ld still have to be there to get it going.

5. irvingtin

THX~
    But I can't find the schedule restore in ATI 11 Home. Only schedule backup.

I have search in this forum but I only find the backup command but no restore. How can I write the script?

I know schedule restore is very strange. It is because my company will built a conference center which include a room with 15 PC. I am afraid the student leave some virus or install some unknown software. So, we will restore all PC to default programs. But if we manually restore all PC, I think we need to use over 1 hours. So, I am finding some auto way to do that.

Many thx~

6. TheWeaz

7. irvingtin

8. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

There is no method to schedule restores in any version of TI that I have used. That is V8,9,10,and 11 of TI home.

Xpilot

9. TheWeaz

I guess you missed the first sentence:

"Note that scheduling tasks allows you only to schedule periodic backup tasks, not to restore."

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It is not correct. I made an ATI11 when I responded to that question. He asked about restores but I was thinking about backups. Restores can't be scheduled and certainly for system partition restoration, it's out of the question sinc ethe restore process is interactive.

11. irvingtin

Many thanks.

I think I must go for Snap Deploy. It seems to have wake on LAN and schedule deploy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.