'Scattered Clouds'

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by wtsinnc, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

2. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

That covers most of the reasons I won't use cloud computing and storage. Unless you actually need to share files/data with other parties, there's no real advantage to it. If all you need is to be able to access your own data from other locations, that can be done without using a 3rd party server. AFAIC, there'd have to be a very real and legitimate need before I'd make someone elses server part of my attack surface. It might make sense for some businesses that would rather rely on someone elses infrastructure instead of using their own. For myself, I don't see it offering anything I need that I don't already have.

3. x942

x942 Guest

Agreed! I don't get the "cloud" myself I only use it to share files (mostly pics) with people. Anything else I upload is encrypted and is only a small backup from my phone. Cloud = security nightmere/data leaks galore.

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

So don't trust them with your data. Encrypt. It's easy.

The entire point of encryption is that anyone can access the data but no one can get into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.