Scanning SSL mail (port 995)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by m85476585, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m85476585

m85476585 Registered Member

Is there any way to get NOD32 to scan mail received over SSL? I added port 995 to the list of ports to scan, but it didn't do anything. Mail downloaded over an unencrypted connection scans just fine.
    I'm running v3.0.621, XP Home, and Thunderbird 2.0.

(kind of unrelated, but I hate how vbulletin won't search words under four letters. It just ignores keywords like SSL and 995. The only thing I could find was a thread from back in 2003 by searching for Secure Socket Layer).

2. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Having recently been advised that my ISP SBC was moving to ssl Email connections I adjusted the settings most reluctantly. I then could not get NOD32 to scan my Email or my Wifes. This is not apparently a problem for me as I do not really use Email much but for my Wife it has become a serious situation. Apparently her friends send on anything in the world that they find on the internet. She gets Spam a plenty some of which is identified by SBC as containing virus'. Her computer is not at risk as NOD32 stops everything. The spam sometimes forwards to other computers (How I don't have any idea) & sbc is now demanding that we install a Norton free security suite that is not available until December 15th. In the meantime I installed Kaspersky Internet Security which might solve the problem but the jury is still out on that. I too would like NOD 32 2.7 to scan encrypted connections. Having tried to find out how to get NOD 32 to scan this type of Email connection with no real answers I was forced move on to another AntiVirus . I hope you come up with an answer but I doubt from the responses I have seen in the past you will be successful in getting the Eset product to in fact scan encrypted connections.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.