Scanning Speed Seems A Bit Unrealistic

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by DasFox, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I've never used Prevx, of course I know of it.

So I decided to give 3.0 a try.

I can't believe how fast the scan speed was, only 4mins to scan my box, compared to 30-40mins with other apps.

Makes me think is this thing really hitting everything it needs to...

How does Prevx compare with the likes of other top name apps out there?

I'm so use to your typical apps scanning at around 20-40mins that when I saw the speed I was shocked...

As a PC Tech I'd really love to have about 5 more apps that could scan this fast, boy work would certainly get done faster for the same pay. ;)

Hmmm :doubt:

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Not sure how it works. It just check the hash-entries of each file and run these hashes towards the cloud database to see what files are good/bad?

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This is what we like to hear :D You probably wouldn't be surprised to see the number of people in our support inbox who are confused because Prevx scans so quickly yet finds things that their incumbent security solution missed.

Prevx takes a completely different approach in scanning because of our cloud-based architecture. By offloading all of the conventional scanning to our centralized servers, we are able to massively improve the scan times for individual users. Additionally, because Prevx is based completely upon antirootkit technology, we're able to scan below the operating system, preventing any of the several dozen layers from interfering with our scanning or slowing it down, giving us a direct path to your harddisk, registry, memory, etc.

You may want to look through a few of our awards here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=244969

We are PC Magazine's Editors' Choice for Antispyware, and Platinum Checkmark certified by WestCoastLabs for Antivirus, AntiSpyware, Antimalware, and Antitrojan protection.

Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.