Scanning photos onto disk

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Pato, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pato

Pato Registered Member

Which program should I use to scan photos onto a DVD. I also want to be able to attach a name or description of the photo.
    I guess there are a lot of programs that will do this. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "which program". I use a flatbed scanner to scan photos onto my desktop first, then I use an optical disk image software (I use ImgBurn) to copy the photo-file onto DVD. There are many programs available e.g. Roxio, Nero, Ashampoo to name a few I know.

3. Pato

Pato Registered Member

Thanks for that info. I have scanned them to a folder. I will try one of the programs you mentioin to copy them to DVD. Cheers.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

5. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

With respect to the scanning itself I always use either the software that came with my scanner or "IrfanView".
    You do not state desired file type, however if you want to attach comments to .jpeg files then apparently "Scott's JPEG commenter" can do the trick for you.

There probably might exist a program that will allow you to both scan and comment while you save your file , but I haven't been able (had time) to locate one yet.

P.S.
    With respect to the "DVD Slideshow building" then you can get a free program for that : "Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder Free" .

6. Pato

Pato Registered Member

Thankyou both for your help. I should have enough info' now to copy my old photos to a DVD. It is always good to hear what programs that others have had success with. Cheers.

7. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

With respect to the embedding of data into jpeg files (and watermarking) I found these links :

Hidden Data in JPEG Files
    Hidden Data in Internet Published Documents
    PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor
    AmoK Exif Sorter 2_56
    FastStone Image Viewer 4.2 (can put text onto images by : batch convert + advanced)
    Bytescout Watermarking LITE 2.40 (as it says - Watermarking)
    Exif Farm Free & Exif Pilot Free
    Exif wMarker (as it says - Watermarking)
    EXIF, IPTC, XMP Software - Photo Metadata Readers, Editors, Extraction Tools

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.