Scanning Log

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sliponflagne, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliponflagne

sliponflagne Registered Member

I just recently replaced NAV with the NOD32 30day trial and could not be happier. I do have a question about my Scanning Log from NOD32, it seams rather large. Its seams I have a lot of files that it cannot be accessed because of an error. Here are just a few examples

C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB824141$\spuninst\spuninst.inf - error opening (access denied) [4]

C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab »CAB »brf3750.gpd - archive damaged - the file could not be extracted.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG - error opening (file locked) [4]

I have multiple files in the three folders above that cannot be accessed I do not know if this is normal or not. I have set up NOD32 like the sticky thread called Extra Settings for NOD32 by blackspear. I also have attached a screen shot. Any help would be appreciated.

http://members.cox.net/sliponflange/test.jpg

Version of OS: Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP1

Thanks Ryan

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Ryan, these are locked files that are being used in memory, they are swap files, in effect they cannot be infected. All normal for Nod.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. sliponflagne

sliponflagne Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply and yes it does, just wanted to check with someone that was a little more computer savvy than myself. :D

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

We all started somewhere, hope you enjoy your stay here at Wilders, we have many rooms with various flavours ;)

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.