Scanning (file locked) (4)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DVD+R, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Today I just ran an In Depth Scan on my PC, and I discovered these errors whilst scanning:

Scan performed at: 10/10/2006 21:19:06 PM
    Date: 10.10.2006 Time: 21:19:14
    Scanned disks, folders and files: A:; C:; D:; E:
    C:\pagefile.sys - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\NTUSER.DAT - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\ntuser.dat.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\george.green@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\pending.dat - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\george.green@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\Working\database_7C04_3779_437_360C\dfsr.db - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\george.green@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\Working\database_7C04_3779_437_360C\fsr.log - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\george.green@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\Working\database_7C04_3779_437_360C\fsrtmp.log - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\george.green@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\Working\database_7C04_3779_437_360C\tmp.edb - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Temp\GLB373.tmp »WISE »WISE0132.DLL - archive damaged
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Temp\GLBA16.tmp »WISE »WISE0132.DLL - archive damaged
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Temp\GLBA95.tmp »WISE »WISE0132.DLL - archive damaged
    C:\Documents and Settings\George\Local Settings\Temp\NeroDemo11015\Cab\1BAA462C.cab »CAB »root3EDBE094.img »GZ - archive damaged
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Data\settings.dat - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Temp\SSCS01B0FF96-6C86-43AA-AD22-B8D7D8519E39.tmp - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Temp\SSCS08032A74-F7BF-499F-9F2A-6C3B9635B96B.tmp - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Temp\SSCS08071B56-526A-41C1-A3B8-D22BDB8FE382.tmp - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Temp\SSCS08A964CC-EB6B-4723-A56F-24F2F11DE7CA.tmp - error opening (File locked) [4]
    _
    _
    _
    _C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Temp\SSCSF5930CDC-E33A-466C-94D3-C4D265C86C4C.tmp - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Temp\SSCSFBF52926-93EA-49F8-8672-9BDD2EDA6317.tmp - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Temp\SSCSFCD09265-4CF0-4F7F-85AA-CF47517CC166.tmp - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Temp\SSCSFDB3AC7B-A71F-48B9-B8D1-346991938298.tmp - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\BackItUp_DriveImage\root.img »GZ - archive damaged
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Masters.base - error opening (Access denied) [4]
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Masters\masters.bak - error opening (Access denied) [4]
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Masters\Masters.const - error opening (Access denied) [4]
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Masters\masters.mst - error opening (Access denied) [4]
    C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase - error opening (Access denied) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG - error opening (File locked) [4]
    C:\WINDOWS\Temp\JET8A3E.tmp - error opening (File locked) [4]
    Path D:\ is invalid.
    Path E:\ is invalid.
    Number of scanned files: 218240
    Number of threats found: 0
    Time of completion: 22:00:15 Total scanning time: 2461 sec (00:41:01)

Notes:
    [4] File cannot be opened. It may be in use by another application or operating system.

Also I have ticked the scroll box, and it wasnt scrolling. I also have Outpost 4.0 (latest version) installed, what should I do? If anything, please helpo_O

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2006
  2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The following files are locked by Windows because they are in active use and therefore cannot be scanned. These include the Windows swap file and the Windows registry. It is normal for these files to be locked:

The following files appear to be in active use by Windows Messenger. I do not use Messenger all that much, so I do not know what they are for. Part of the filesharing feature of Messenger Live, perhaps? My guess is that these files will remain locked unless you disable the filesharing.

These files are probably used by Spy Sweeper for something or other, but since I am not familiar with how Spy Sweeper works, I do not know what they are for. I would venture to say that these are also normal:

I am not sure exactly what this is. Microsoft JET is some sort of database engine. Part of Messenger Live, or some other application perhaps?

These look like files left over from some installation programs that did not clean up after themselves. NOD32 cannot scan them because they are compressed files that NOD32 cannot decode. I would just delete these files, since they are not doing anything except taking up space on your hard drive.

What are your D: and E: drives? CD/DVD drives with no discs inside?

I think that should pretty much cover it. As far as I can tell, there is probably nothing to worry about here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2006
  3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.