scanning email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vickitap, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vickitap

vickitap Registered Member

Could someone tell me if Nod 32 should be showing a notification window to show that email is being scanned.
    Everything seems to be working, verfications are appearing on emails, updates are happening, scheduled scans are working but I've never used antivirus software that hasn't shown a notification window to show the mail being scanned.
    I wrote to Nod32 three days ago but no reply, I just need to know ' should it or shouldn't it'.
    Thank you.:)

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Depending on your email client you could open NOD32 and go to either the IMON, EMON or AMON module. As you open an email the file should be listed in one of those windows.

Please let us know if it does.

BFG

3. vickitap

Thank you for your reply.
    I use outlook express
    I've only had nod32 a few days and am not sure where to look for the items you mentioned.
    I'm pretty sure everything IS being scanned, just wanted to know if a notification window in the bottom right hand corner should be appearing when email comes in.
    Thank you for replying.

4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

To make sure I give you the correct information, you are using v2.7 of our software, is that true?

Thank you,
    BFG

5. vickitap

Oh gosh, one would have thought I'd have had enough intelligence to say which version I was using.....apologies.......I bought the latest version, version 4.

6. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Thank you. For future reference this is the v2 forum. Hopefully you will never need it, but should you require help in the future please use the ESET Smart Security forum. You can access it via this link. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Okay, now to your question. Please open our program from our icon in the System Tray. In the bottom left corner make sure the GUI is in "Advanced mode". Now go to Protection status > Statistics. In this window the drop down menu will show how many files have been scanned by the different modules of ESS.

If you set it so "Email client protection" is visible, the total number of emails that have been scanned, cleaned and infected will be shown.

To prove that please open an email now and make sure that the number has incremented by one. Coupled with the tag that's appended to the email you can be sure that it's being scanned.

Thank you,
    BFG

7. vickitap

BRAVO.............thank you thank you thank you
    Not sure if you're super clever or I'm just a stoopid old lady, things always seem so 'easy' when someone who KNOWS stuff explains it to me....I may have to adopt you, how would you feel about moving to Tasmania?lol
    Thank you for the 'proper' website, have saved it
    Vicki xx

8. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,,

I know I'm not too clever nor you "stoopid". I'm just glad we were able to help.

Regarding my willingness to relocate to Tasmania ..... Ocean view? :D

Thank you for using ESET!
    BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.