Scanner Logs don't show up in 'NOD32 Scanner Logs' interface

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by seamaiden, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamaiden

seamaiden Registered Member

NOD32 needs an EASY way to export scan results to a text file at the end of the scan. I have to manually navigate to C:\Program Files\Eset... to look at the log files. The scans do not show up in NOD32. Other log files do (threat logs, event logs), but not scanner logs.

I tried resetting each profile to defaults. That did not work. I tried giving each profile a unique text file to save scan results to. The results save to each file, but none of them show up in the scanner logs interface within NOD32. Please fix this in your next version. Add a button to each scanner page "Save results", and then let the user choose whether to save them as text, html, or some other format.

In the meantime, any advice? The scanner logs interface is completely blank. It shows no logs, even after I run scans.

NOD32 2.50.25
    Windows XP Pro SP2

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The scanner logs are located in the folder C:\Program Files\ESET\logs\nod32 . Make sure this folder exists. If it does exist, try deleting all the files inside of it.

The other logs are located in C:\Program Files\ESET\logs .

3. seamaiden

C:\Program Files\Eset\logs exists, but not logs\nod32. I created the nod32 folder inside the logs folder. Should I move my scanner log files into that new folder, or should I leave them in the main Eset folder?

nod32scan-cpp.log
    nod32scan-cpp-Diskettes.log
    nod32scan-cpp-InDepth.log
    nod32scan-cpp-Local.log
    nod32scan-CommandLine.log
    nod32scan-ContextMenu.log

I think that the nod32.log has to stay in the main Eset folder, but the other logs (scanner logs), are all prefixed by nod32scan-. I created them that way.

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Hmmmm, now that I look at it again, there is an nod32.log in C:\Program Files\ESET . However, inside the C:\Program Files\ESET\log\nod32 folder are a whole bunch of .dat files that somehow correspond to the scanner logs. I bet these .dat files are what actually gets displayed in the NOD32 Control Center.

My guess is just to keep running the scans, and see if you start getting entries appearing the Scanner Logs, with corresponding .dat files in C:\Program Files\ESET\logs\nod32 . If you don't, try deleting or renaming the .log files in C:\Program Files\ESET .

5. seamaiden

I think all this happened because I accidentally hit Delete Selected for each scanner log or Clear All or something. I was trying to reset everything to default. Maybe that's a bug? Maybe it was me? Either way, I want to be able to see the individual scanner logs from the interface again, and I'd like an easy way after a scan to save the log to a text file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.