Scanner Help Please

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cochise, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just another small prob, they seem to follow me around LOL....since I took over this XP machine I have not been able to get the Packard Bell Diamond Plus 1200 Scanner that goes with it to work!! (No! I don't have the disc, myniece lost them all when she moved??)....all I get if I try to use it with Ulead 3, which is supposed to be it's programme is...'File loading Failure'...Error in getting Twain data source, check device is properly connected (which it is) or reselect device device from select data source Drop-down list (which I've done)......i've tried D/Ling driver and patch from Packard bell but nothing recognises it.... Bummer.... :D :D

TIA Cochise, :cool:

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

The silence that this thread has been experiencing is a thunderous roar that says; "Buy a new scanner!”

Try this:

http://www.scanner-drivers.com/companies/788.htm

Close Hauled

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Looooool....Your not wrong there mate.....for a while there I thought everyone had gone home :D.....has it happens I have since returned to my Lovely simple 98se.....IMHO I think XP is far too complicated for it's own good...I found that just doing simple things took far longer than my 98.....soooo... come back 98 all is forgiven.

But would you believe my Trust 19200 Scanner which worked without a problem has now decided to sulk and won't allow itself to be recognised...even after re-installing form it's disc etc., All I get when I try to use it is:- FILE LOADING FAILURE...Error getting twain data source, check device properly connected or re-select from data source. Ain't Computing just the best....keeps the old brain going like a bag of Maggots eh? :D

Thanks for the input...off now to your link to look for a driver. ;)

Cheers, Cochise, :cool:

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Your thread was getting so old that weevils were starting to come out of it! :D I had to say something!

Hope the link helps. Follow up if it doesn't.

Close Hauled

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Yeh! At least you would have thought someone would have said something even if it was only B***er off...... :D :D :D

Cheers Mate, Best Regards, Cochise, :cool:

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Cochise,

Since you flip-flopped on operating systems, keep a close eye on dlls, okay? :D

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thats not funny.....just because I'm accident prone and somewhat technically under-funded......you shouldn't mock the afflicted...... :D :D :D :-*

What are Dlls and who needs 'em? Ya can't scare me... :D And anyway where were you when I my scanner went up the chute....... :D

Regards, Cochise, :cool:

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Scanners have been used in the past to torture windows users. I avoid any mention of scanners! :D :cool:

9. reflex

reflex Registered Member

just a thought - but when i upgraded to XP - my trust 19200 plus scanner also stopped working - there are no XP drivers for it - and trust recommended I buy a new scanner - that was tested with XP - as that was not an option (having a perfectly good scanner already) I tried the win 2000 drivers - they worked perfectly - and my scanner is still going strong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.