scan problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by deva12345, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deva12345

deva12345 Registered Member

i have Eset Smart security 4.2.64.12 installed on my computer....i have scanned all my computer i found out viruses n they were all deleted by eset....When i tried to scan the System Volume Information folder(default for System restore)...it did not scanned even a single file ...no of files scanned='0'

when i scanned using MalwareBytes,,,the Real time protection detected 105 viruses in C:\System Volume INformation folder...:blink: :blink: :blink: o_O o_O o_O ....AINGo_O(haha)

how does that happy why the AV didnt Sanned even a single file in folder...
    i know all settings very well...i have set context menu scan to Scan all Files and folders....
    anysolution?

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

You Scanned with MalwareBytes Realtime protection? that´s strange....
    AFAIK, Realtime protection is not on demand

3. deva12345

deva12345 Registered Member

you got me wrong
    when i scanned with malware Bytes....the Real time protection of Eset detected viruses in C;\System volume Information

during scanning the malware Bytes was as well scanning C:\System Volume information...at that time Real time protection of eset found virus...not earlier

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

ahh!!
    ESET On-Access Scanning has warned you saying that MalwareBytes try to access an infected file. :cool:

5. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi deva12345,

Instead of scanning that folder, completely empty it instead. Turn System Restore off, reboot and then turn it back on. You can then create a new Restore Point.

BFG

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

On-demand scans are run in the account of the current user so I assume you, as the current user, didn't have permissions to access the files in that folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.