Scan options problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by peteyt, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peteyt

peteyt Registered Member

I have been testing out the latest version with windows 8 before purchasing and noticed something which is either a bug or simply a setting issue.

I ran a scan on my PC which took nearly 24 hours as the PC has a large hard drive and is old so slow.

The problem was that at the end it told me how many infections it found but didn't bring them up. I have it set to not try to delete or heal any of the viruses, instead giving me the options at the end of the scan. However no options came up and I had to load the scan logs and wait for a while for them to load to actually see what the infection was.

Is this a setting issue? I did try the Beta version but this was before I was on Windows 8 and it gave me the delete, ignore etc. options but nothing now is coming up.

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you set the cleaning mode to "No cleaning" and run a scan in cleaning mode (ie. the "Scan without cleaning" box is unticked), you should be prompted for an action at the end of the scan.

3. peteyt

peteyt Registered Member

The scan without cleaning box was unticked. It finished and didn't give me any options for some reason.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That was just one out of two conditions that need to be fulfilled in order for action selection window to appear at the end of a scan. Did you also set the cleaning mode to "No cleaning" for the on-demand scanner profile you used for that scan?

5. peteyt

peteyt Registered Member

Going to give it another go but I'm sure all those settings where correct

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.