Scan on creation of new files

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mgbowman, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgbowman

mgbowman Registered Member

I'm having a race condition with NOD32 AV and a user who is digitally signing PDF documents. As part of the process of adding a digital signature, a signed copy of the original pdf is created and I assume being scanned. An error is created by Adobe Reader X stating the file is currently open. If I temporarily disable real-time protection everything works fine. This makes me believe NOD32 is getting it's hand on the file prior to Adobe Reader X signing the document.

My question is I cannot find a way to disable real-time protection in ESET Remote Administrator Console -> Policy Manager for a specific directory. Currently I have worked around this issue by adding PDF as an excluded extension however this is a huge security risk for me. I would like to be able to create a pseudo "secure" directory which she can place the newly created (signed) PDFs into and NOD32 wouldn't scan in real-time. After she has signed them, she can organize them into her profile and they would be scanned. Is something like this possible?

Thanks in advance!
    --mgbowman

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

You can simply make an exclusion for the directory in question:

How do I exclude certain files or folders from Real-time scanning? (4.x)

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2153

Using an ESET RA policy, you would navigate to the following path in the ESET policy:

"ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus" > "ESET Kernel" > "Setup" > "Exclusions"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.